- Training & Supervision in Bucharest, Romania: February 2017
- Sandplay Therapists Of America 2016 Conference: Connecting Body, Mind and Spirit Through Sandplay: June 2 through 5, 2016, Chicago/Skokie, IllinoisRosalind Heiko, Ph.D., CST-T & Shannon K. Yockey, LCSW, CST will present: "Creating Inner Harmony in the Midst of Emotional Tempests: The Cadence of Intentional Practice"
New Mexico Sandplay Society: October 10, 2015 All-day workshop 9 am to 4 pmNetherwood Church, 5101 Indian School Rd. NE, Albuquerque, NMRosalind Heiko, Ph.D., CST-T will present: "The Girl Heroine's Journey in Sandplay"6 CEU'S and APT credits available
- Third Annual Mid-Atlantic Play Therapy Training Institute: April 11, 2015, Arlington, VA, Co-sponsored by Starbright Training, Expressive Media Inc., and the Gil Institute. Rosalind Heiko will present a full day workshop on “Storytelling & Clinical Hypnosis: Applications for Mental Health Practice and Training” on Saturday from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Colorado Sandplay Therapy Association: “Seeing With Real Eyes: Vulnerability and Courage in Sandplay and Play Therapy Stories” Saturday, February 21, 2015 from 9 am – 4 pm at the Maria Droste Counseling Center in Denver, CO
Sandplay offers a unique way for clients to learn about their inherent resourcefulness and strengths; and to illuminate the power of heart and intuition. The initiation and journey of girls into womanhood offers a rich and diverse way of understanding the heroine’s path to maturity and self-worth. We will use fairy tales and myth as metaphors when we investigate the cruelty and fear barring the path of women; and the weaknesses and painful struggles in stories for girls. Case presentation, storytelling, discussion and experiential formats will amplify these themes and provide a comfortable and sheltered atmosphere in which to explore these concepts.This workshop will count as six (6) hours of Sandplay Training Continuing Education hours with STA/ISST with a Certified Sandplay Therapist Teaching Member (CST-T).
- Training & Supervision in Bucharest, Romania October 27 through November 10, 2014 for the Asociatia Romana pentru Terapia prin Jocul cu Nisip: University Training Workshops: “Introductory Topics in Sandplay: Enriching and Enlivening Our Work with Clients”: “Introducing the Rich Traditions and Background of Sandplay”; "Here Be Dragons: Working with the Sandplay Journey Map©” ; “Earth, Air, Fire and Water: Perspectives on the use of Elements in Sandplay”; “Symbols in the Sand: The Use of Symbolic Representations”; and “Case Presentations: Exploring the Relationship between Therapist and Client in Sandplay”/Individual and Group Sandplay Consultation
- Texas Sandplay Society: “Enchanting Stories: The Use of Fairy Tales to Enrich our Work in Sandplay and Play Therapy” Saturday, October 4, 2014, in Dallas, TX, 9 to 4 pm
Our objective during this workshop will be to begin to explore the nature of archetype, symbol andmeaning in Fairy Tales. Participants will work with a chosen tale and hero/heroine throughstorytelling,readings, group discussion, case presentation, and creative art, poetry and symbol design.
- Sandplay Therapists of America 2014 National Conference: The Spirit of Story in Sandplay, Seattle, WA
1) 3 hour pre-conference presentation, "Seeing with Real Eyes: Vulnerability and Courage inSandplay and Play Therapy Stories" Thursday morning, June 5th; and
2) 3 hour presentation with Linda Elaine Bath, Founding STA Member, CST-T: "Sitting withHeart: Buddhist Mindfulness and Sandplay Practice in Therapeutic Relationships" Saturdaymorning, June 7th, for the first 1.5 hour and Sunday early morning, June 8th, for the second 1.5 hour.
- Conference 2014: Play and Process: In Play, Sandplay and Expressive Therapies, Co-Sponsored by: The British Columbia Play Therapy Association & The Canadian Association for Sandplay Therapy February 28 - March 2, 2014 UBC Robson Square, Vancouver, BC
Saturday, March 1, 2014: 3:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Linda Bath, PhD, MFT, CST-T, ISST & Rosalind Heiko, PhD, NCSP, CST-T, ISST “Sitting with Heart: Buddhist Mindfulness and Sandplay Practice in Therapeutic Relationships”
This workshop will use Buddhist Mindful practices and Sandplay Therapy we will focus upon the therapeutic relationship. Dr. Bath’s research will provide a backdrop for Mindfulness and nondual states or “original mind.” Dr’s Bath and Heiko will explore Sandplay Therapy and “Free and Sheltered Space” as it fosters trust, therapeutic attunement and healing though guided mindfulness exercises.
Sunday, March 2, 2014: 10:34-12 p.m.
Rosalind Heiko, Ph.D., NCSP, CST-T, ISST “Here be Dragons!”: Differing Approaches in Processing and Mapping Journeys in Sand and Play Therapy
This workshop introduces differing approaches to mapping clients’ journeys in sand. Participants will be able to identify three approaches in the stages of the Heroic Journeys; describe the four quadrants of Heiko's Sandplay Journey Map©, and apply this model of understanding their clients’ process in their clinical practice.